Friday, October 24, 2014

Cervantino 2014: Ballet of Belgrade's Mesmerizing Night of Dance

FIC$@ photo by Claudio Reyes
I watched Alexandro, Alexander the Great's life as imagined by choreographer-librettist. Ronald Savkovic, through my skin -- as sheer dance without a thought about meaning. For the first hour of the 80 minute millennial ballet. I felt I was in the presence of a work of genius, a word I don't use lightly. Words fail me, except for saying that Savovic sees the work as semi-autobiographical. Instead, I''m providing a link with two dozen photos of this contemporary ballet as a reprise if you were there and an up-close look if you were elsewhere.

http://kontraplan.com/site/2012/01/29/alexander-by-ronald-savkovic/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always interested in hearing from readers like you. Keep commenting!